• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my first smartphone

Welcome to the forums... thanks for joining!

You might like to check out the Samsung Galaxy Y - Android Forums sub-forum for more info from other users of your device.

Good apps is a very wide ranging question... it depends what you want to do with your phone... do you want to use if as a social media device, to play music/videos, do a lot of web browsing... the list could go on.

Here are a couple of apps that either I have found useful or others have suggested to me:

Barcode Scanner - does what it says on the tin!
Bump - used to transfer files from one phone to another (both phones must have the app on)
Double Twist - music player (and Air Sync - lets you transfer stuff between your pc/mac and also allows PS3/Xbox streaming)
Dropbox - 2Gb of free online storage that can be accessed from your phone - follow my link and get we both get an extra 250Mb - http://db.tt/g9awoEX
Lookout Mobile - like secturity for your mobile... it checks permissions of apps and lets you know they're ok, as well as having a few other cool features.
Google+ - 'cos it's great!
MyPhoneExplorer - you need the app and the PC/Mac version... it is a sync app... better than the HTC one that came with my phone
Dolphin Browser HD / Dolphin Browser Mini - Internet browser (better than stock)
Opera Mini - another internet browser (again, better than stock)

Most of the apps I have mentioned are free - there is at least one (Air Sync) that is not.

Hope that has been of some help to you - enjoy the forums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones