• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC One M8 Will Not Recognize Non-Verizon SIM

tuxwarrior10k

Lurker
Dec 28, 2016
Hi all, here's my problem, any help would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

I've had an M8 for about 6 months now, but in my attempt to fix the sim slot (hardware issue) I destroyed the ZIF connector for the screen display (DOH!). The M8 has been one of my favorite phones so far, so I just ordered a new(ish) one from SoonerSoft on ebay. Unfortunately, now that it's arrived, it refuses to recognize my MetroPCS sim card. I get no status bar icon, but when I reboot the device I get an error message that says "Non-Verizon Sim" and I have NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER. From what I've read, this device should be factory SIM unlocked but I have no talk, no text, no data connection. I've been going round and round in circles trying to resolve the issue on my own so I figured I would reach out for some help.

Here are the fixes I've already attempted:
  • Flashed TWRP and CMod 13
  • Flashed back to stock KitKat with RUU method
  • Attempted SIEEMPI SimUnlock method
  • Manually changed my CID to SuperCID (11111111)

Now that I've done RUU, I can't flash another ROM, and I'm unwilling to S-ON again in case I end up with a non-updatable version of KitKat 1.55.

Note: When I go into data settings, it will not let me select any GSM only networks as my Preferred Network, and I can't access any GSM Settings either in the data menu or the call menu. The phone doesn't even recognize the SIM as a MetroPCS chip. Please help!

Device Info:
M_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-0.89.20.0321
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-1.55.605.2
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Apr 1 2014,00:26:53.0

Just FYI, my old VZW M8 had no problem recognizing the sim card, I just couldn't maintain contact between the pins and the sim for very long.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones