• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My LG Stylo 2 keeps breaking into song???

Maya J

Lurker
Aug 8, 2017
I've had this phone for about 2 months and as of a couple weeks ago it will occasionally start playing a very bizarre tune. It's the same song every time it sounds kind of like a kitchy ringtone or something. It's got a bit of an electro-calypso feel to it. It will keep playing even when all of the apps are closed. I can turn the volume down and it will go with that but the only way to truly turn it off is to restart the phone. It's a very strange problem I can't seem to find any other instances of it online.

One thing you could do is check the notification setting for every app you have on the phone to see if one of them is set to remind you of something using a sound file.
or do what i suggest next:
Do a factory reset. (this puts everything back just as if you just bought it) Doing this will usually fix most problems with any phone. The only problem is that you will need to install any apps you added that did not come with phone and remove any that did that you don't want. Just remember to pay attention when adding the apps to see which one if any cause the sound problem. Take some time and you may figure it out or also may never have the problem return. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones