• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My mums android screen is really blurry and doesn't show anything at times

Please help me! My mums galaxy note n7000 screen is blurry and does not show anything at times and has even gotten worse because it doesn't show anything again. This is a rooted Samsung galaxy on jellybean and I am thinking of doing a factory reset. I am very sure that this is not a hardware problem. The problem is, my mum wants to backup her files before i do it but the thing is i cant see the screen so I cant choose the option to connect to kies. Please what should I do and please help!.

sorry about the title "deosnt" I couldn't edit it

Please how do you do that I want to be sure as my mum has already taken the phone and is not sure what to do

Tbh id try a factory reset and if it doesnt help, the display must be damaged and on a note1, it probably wouldnt be worth replacing it :( hope im wrong though

Wait i just had an idea. Can you take a screenshot and post it here?

Upvote 0
True! :thumbup:
I think thats the best thing to do then, make a nandroid then wipe the phone and see how the display looks. What u think mate?
Id still like to see a screenshot though. if everything looks fine in the screenshot then it must be a hardware problem, if not, it should be easily fixable? :thumbup:

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
True! :thumbup:
I think thats the best thing to do then, make a nandroid then wipe the phone and see how the display looks. What u think mate?
Id still like to see a screenshot though. if everything looks fine in the screenshot then it must be a hardware problem, if not, it should be easily fixable? :thumbup:

I just discovered that it is a battery problem and I will be replacing it soon. Will get back to you.

I also want to ask is there an official upgrade for jellybean on note1 I did mine officially but the update wont show up for my friends. They use note 1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones