• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Music Stops When I Unlock The Phone

baylakedrive

Jun 7, 2012
Hi Guys, I have a G3 (D85510L) 4.4.2 unrooted and running Next launcher. The problem I have is when I play music with
the screen off, when I unlock the phone the music STOPS coming out of the speakers or headphones, bluetooth or
wired but the player is still running, so I then have to unlock the screen and then press the volume up or down just
once to get the sound back again if you go into the sound setting on the phone the media bar is at whatever it was at
before I unlocked it. Even if I stop the player and then start it again still NO sound:mad:.

Things I have tried,

Reset the phone 3 times but each time I do it works fine for about 3 days and then
the problem starts again :mad:.

Gone through all my apps but can't see anything that would cause it, apart from Google now and Commandr for Google
now, I have been in the settings and uninstalled them and tried again but just the same.
Also the Voice Mate app I tried the settings (I can't disable it) but again it was no good :mad:.

Tried some audio manager apps, no good :mad:.

I have used the stock player and PowerAmp Player but again no good :mad:.

Changed the lock screen from swipe, Knock, password and pin but still no good, BUT it will work fine if there
is NO lock screen set :mad:.

I have no idea so any help will be very welcomed:thinking::thinking::thinking:.

Paul

Also posted on XDA forums

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones