• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone has proved to me twice why I still use a regular alarm clock.

JaSauders

Aug 2, 2011
Last week I was on vacation. My alarm was set. When I woke up, my phone was off. Luckily had woken up on my own accord just prior to it going off by about 20 minutes. The battery was full charge.

Today (last night) I woke up to my regular alarm going off, which confused me because it was set a little later than my phone. I hit the button on my phone, hmmm... it seems to be turned off...

Fired it up... battery was full charge (charged it all last evening).

So uh... what could be doing this? :(

LG Optimus T
Rooted via Z4Root
CM7 2.3.5

The only thing I've noticed is the two times it's shut off during the night is the two times I did NOT have it plugged in. Almost every night due to my heavy use of the phone, come 10pm it's flashing red. However, the first time it happened I was on vacation and had charged it during the day on the way down since I used GPS on it to get to where I was going. The second time (last night) I had it plugged in all evening.

So that said, that's really the only pattern I can see. Both times it happened, both times it wasn't plugged in. Mind you... full-ish battery though.

Upvote 0
I always use an alarm clock and my phone. But that's more because I'm a heavy sleeper :p
Although, my alarm clock is old and sometimes the alarm does not go off (or maybe I turn it off in my sleep). Maybe I should get a mechanical clock. But then I'd have to remember to wind it every night.
Oh, it's always something.... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones