• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My pictures are not saving now to my phone

A

Android Question

I have an Android Galaxay 4 phone. My pictures use to store on the phone. Something happened and my pictures are missing. When I take a picture it does not store it in my gallery. I spoke withVerizon and they said that I must have signed up somehow for Google cloud or something and that is where my pictures are being routed to. I don't recall signing up for anything like that. They said they could fix my phone but they would have to wipe out all of my contacts. I have over 800 so I don't want that. I just want to find my pictures. Help

Hi

Have you by any chance updated the phone software via an update. If you have gone from the old camera to the new one which does panorama, sphere pics etc, then that comes with a new gallery app. The pics from the new camera go into the new gallery - there should be 2 gallery icons in the app drawer. (not the same icon)

If not then have you installed dropbox copy mega etc recently? Check their settings. You could take a pic then use say ESfile manager to search the complete phone and sdcard for .jpg arranged in date order to find where they are saved.

Roger

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones