• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Root-related questions. :)

vette

Mar 26, 2012
Ok, first, I'm a newbie to rooting but I'm pretty sure I've done it successfully by following the instructions (though there was one area where I found them confusing).

But, I get to the end and there is the final instruction screen and I have no idea what it means. I'm specifically talking about this:

1264bbo.png

What do those things mean and where do I find them?

Also, what is all this clockworkmod stuff? Do it need it? What does it do?

Sorry for the, I'm sure, stupid questions but I'm confused - or maybe just having a blonde moment. :)

Thanks!

ok, after doing more exploring i've found those apps in my list but i'm still having problems.

With SuperSU, when i try to update it tells me the update failed.

With BusyBox, when I try to install, it says it can't verify utilities and the problem could be that it isn't rooted correctly or that i didn't give it super user status - because I don't know what that is or how to do it.

So, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
ok, after doing more exploring i've found those apps in my list but i'm still having problems.

With SuperSU, when i try to update it tells me the update failed.

With BusyBox, when I try to install, it says it can't verify utilities and the problem could be that it isn't rooted correctly or that i didn't give it super user status - because I don't know what that is or how to do it.

So, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Screenshots from your device would be helpful

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones