• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Samsung Galaxy S doesn't like to load my applications

So after I enter my pin (The media scanner is still running) and unlock the pattern I just get my wallpaper / home screen with NO apps at all.

I see the main icons (phone, contacts and stuff) at the bottom and I can click on "applications" but then it will just go into the applications screen and give me a loading icon.

It just loads - even after 10 minute it will be loading. I can go back to the home screen and into applications again- nothing.

My loader is Samsungs Touch Wiz. I am using the latest firmware Samsung offers (no rooted phone). I also have a external 8 GB card in my phone.

Does anybody know this problem?

Any advice?

Solution: I turn on my phone - then I enter my pin - after that I wait a few minutes until the media scanner is completed and THEN I unlock the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones