• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My speaker blew-- how does insurance work?

ericDylan

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I have had my incredible since January and February and love it!
I have insurance with verizon. So i guess i have it with assurion by extension?

I was wondering how verizon/assurion handled blown speakers. Is it "my fault" in which case i would need to pay the 90 deductible, or is it a defect in the phone?

Would i be sure to get a new incredible? I don't think i would like a Droid X. I might be able to deal with the incredible 2's larger screen, but i am not sure how much i would like it. Does anyone know if there are incredibles in stock?

If it is not considered "my fault" by verizon/assurion would i still have to pay the deductible?

I know there are a lot of questions. Thanks in advance.

hmm to be honest first of all if its within guarentee with where you bought it from there go there and demand a replacement or repair, i cant imagine theres anything that would make a phone speaker blow like that, you can argue the case that the product was not 'fit for purpose', which by definition means something s good enough to do the job it was designed for., argue the point that you've played nothing nor should there be anything that should blow the phones speakers.

It would be worth reading the insurance policy thats the only way to be sure as to what it covers as they all differ. The thing is with the insurance is it will only over against things like theft accidental damage etc, though im not sure about product defects, that sort of thing is usually covered by a manufacturers guarenteehttp://www.macmillandictionary.com/search/british/direct/?q=designed

Reactions: ericDylan
Upvote 0
Speaker failure is very common with the Incredible,the large speaker on the back.I have returned mine to Verizon for this issue. It is not the users fault. I have fixed mine 3 times since I got the replacement by using a powerful magnet to remove the small metal shavings stuck to the speaker. I work in a metal Fab shop so metal shavings are just part of the job.
See this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/297266-blown-speaker-warranty-self-replace.html

Upvote 0
I blew three Dinc speakers too. It is the weakest link of the phone in my opinion. I simply dropped by my local VZ outlet.. told them it was blown. They listened a bit and had a refurb over nighted to me. I've heard that there is a Dinc refurb shortage so I don't know what they might offer you. Something that's comparable is the standard.. but what does that amount to??? Your guess is as good as mine. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones