• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Tab 7.0 Plus is going nuts....

Shawn Jude

Lurker
Jan 7, 2015
So.... according to the title, you should already know what im going to talk about. Anyways, my tab is going insane!!! I cant stand it anymore... it has been running smoothly for the past few years but for the past few days, things have been going bonkerzzz! 1st problem- My auto rotate is on, but it will only rotate into a few directions.... It will only turn horizontally where the power button is, and vertically where the tool bar is against the 'SAMSUNG' sign.... 2nd problem- My tab notification shows that a USB is connected to my tab. but infact there's none!!! Please give solutions quickly.... Thanks :)

I moved this to the Tab Pro forum where other device owners are more likely to see it. My first thoughts to get started are:
Is it rooted?
Have you applied any updates recently?
What new apps have you installed or updated?
Has it recently been dropped or exposed to water?
1. Yes. It is rooted.
2. Yes. A couple to Facebook and Whatsapp
3. Erm... actually no.
4. No. It has been under my care as long as I can remember.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
OK, I've only recently got a Tab, different version though. I'm just trying to run through the standard stuff that goes wrong.;)

The strangest, or more precisely, most concerning thing is the USB detected problem. I don't know of a benign reason for that other than damaged hardware. That's why I asked about drops or water. Also, hardware failure could explain the rotation issue if there is a problem with the sensors.:thinking:

I know of a sensor testing app, but the name escapes me at the moment. I'll post back shortly with a link.

Upvote 0
Oh and... how does one use the sensor box? ( the app mentioned just now )
It is a collection of utilities to test the various sensors. One of them is orientation. EM is a lot smarter than me on the under the hood stuff, so clearing the dalvik cache may work. You can do that from a custom recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones