• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(My) Ultimate Handsfree Solution

Doesn't SGS2 already have this capablility built in using Voice Command. Double click he home button and on the prompt "what would you like to do" you can dictate text send sms and many other things. If you turn on "Driving Mode" it will read incoming notifications (and the text of SMS if you have this set to do so in Messaging) in fact it would be better with slightly less text to be read. ?

Upvote 0
Doesn't SGS2 already have this capablility built in using Voice Command. Double click he home button and on the prompt "what would you like to do" you can dictate text send sms and many other things. If you turn on "Driving Mode" it will read incoming notifications (and the text of SMS if you have this set to do so in Messaging) in fact it would be better with slightly less text to be read. ?

I tried the driving mode I found it did not really work that well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones