• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N7105T Bluetooth repeated disconnected from Car Audio

Skywalker

Lurker
Feb 6, 2014
Hi All

Been reading this forum for a while but registered today as I'm having a problem which is doing my head in.

I have Note 2 LTE N7105T. I was able to pair it fine with my Toyota Corolla's factory Multimedia unit and it worked great. However, after a few days the phone started disconnecting at random and would not hold the connection no matter what. I have tried with phone idle, streaming music, on call but no change and bluetooth will disconnect when it wants to. Also disconnections are totally random, from a few seconds to couple of minutes apart. I almost always get a message on car multimedia screen about phone disconnected, then auto connection failed and then phone connected.

On handset the bluetooth icon keeps showing connected for a few seconds after disconnection and drops only if reconnection does not happen quickly enough, which it does on most occasions.

I had 4.1.2 rooted firmware (basically stock, only rooted to allow Titanium backup and advanced features of Tasker to work) earlier and could not resolve this problem. I updated to latest 4.3 official firmware over this weekend. In this process, I formatted my MicroSD card, internal memory and wiped all user data/Dalvik etc. Basically to get the phone back in stock factory condition. However, the Bluetooth problem persists.

My wife's unrooted S3 (4.1.2 stock firmware) connects just fine and works like a charm to the same multimedia unit so the problem has to be with my phone.

I have tried everything I could find. Looked at kchahal's solution posted in this forum but I could not find bluetoothpbap.apk in /system/app/. There is only bluetooth.apk and bluetoothTest.apk.

I have also tried Bluetooth Auto Connect app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en) which also does not resolve the problem. It connects back the the car unit a little faster but does not prevent disconnections in the first place.

Any suggestions what so ever to help me resolve this would be highly appreciated.

I have an unrooted, but 4.3 updated, 7105 and a Toyota Avensis with bluetooth capabilities. I have no problems at all with disconnects, but I think I may have noticed some range issues inside the car. I need to keep the phone close to the dashboard. Did you experiment with that?

Upvote 0
My wife's phone is experiencing similar problems. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. Basically, she can connect, but after a few seconds, the phone connection will drop for no reason. The media connection will remain just fine, but the phone never stays connected more than a few seconds. It's weird because she's had the phone for over a year and it worked perfectly. This behavior just started within the last couple months.

Upvote 0
My wife's phone is experiencing similar problems. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. Basically, she can connect, but after a few seconds, the phone connection will drop for no reason. The media connection will remain just fine, but the phone never stays connected more than a few seconds. It's weird because she's had the phone for over a year and it worked perfectly. This behavior just started within the last couple months.

This exactly is my problem as well. And for me too it initially used to work fine but 1 fine day it stopped working and hasn't worked since. However, for me both call as well as media connection keep dropping out. So much that it is totally unusable.

I now connect my phone to Garmin navigator through bluetooth for handsfree and it works perfectly. And car stereo works perfectly with wife's I9300.

Makes me wonder if the 2 devices (N7105T and car stereo) work well with other devices then why can't they work well with each other? Maybe some setting issue? Not really sure but will keep looking and post here if I can find a solution. Would request you too post here if you find a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones