• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need AVI player for S3 that will play canon avi files

perryg114

Aug 8, 2012
I am trying to find an app for my S3 phone that will let me play a Canon avi on my phone. I can hear sound but no video. I downloaded MX player and it has the same problem, sound no video. It is a pretty common codec and I have never had to load anything to get it to play in windows. I have lot of video from my Canon digital cameras but I can't play them.

Is there anyone awake on these forums. This is the 3rd post I have made and no response. Is there some sort of initiation ritual I am not aware of LOL.

Perry

Greetings perry,

You could try Mobo player, but you may run into the same issues. Mobo and MX usually play about the same files. Also both of these players have additional codec apps available, that may help.

Just because a codec plays in windows, doesn't necessarily mean its all that common.

Secondly, as far as answers to your post go..

Give it some time. Your talking about a forum full of people all over the world. The people with possible answers may not be in your time zone.

Welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones