1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need AVI player for S3 that will play canon avi files

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by perryg114, Aug 14, 2012.

1. perryg114

perryg114 Newbie

I am trying to find an app for my S3 phone that will let me play a Canon avi on my phone. I can hear sound but no video. I downloaded MX player and it has the same problem, sound no video. It is a pretty common codec and I have never had to load anything to get it to play in windows. I have lot of video from my Canon digital cameras but I can't play them.

Is there anyone awake on these forums. This is the 3rd post I have made and no response. Is there some sort of initiation ritual I am not aware of LOL.

Perry

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast

Greetings perry,

You could try Mobo player, but you may run into the same issues. Mobo and MX usually play about the same files. Also both of these players have additional codec apps available, that may help.

Just because a codec plays in windows, doesn't necessarily mean its all that common.

Secondly, as far as answers to your post go..

Give it some time. Your talking about a forum full of people all over the world. The people with possible answers may not be in your time zone.

Welcome to the forums.

3. perryg114

perryg114 Newbie

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

As previously mentioned, you would usually have to wait 24hrs to pass to make sure everybody sees it. Some of us are in SEA/Australian time zones, others in India, etc. Someone from your Timezone may not have the answers, so you get ignored.

Could you post a file so others can try it for themselves?

5. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

You could try Vplayer. I'm yet to find something it won't handle and there's a free trial version from their website.

6. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

7. perryg114

perryg114 Newbie

Here is a link to a file like I am talking about. Probably best to save to the hard drive because my download speeds are pretty crappy.

http://www.motorcycleproducts.org/Phone/

Yes I have tried VLC. I think I tried Vplayer as well.

Perry

8. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

I just downloaded that file and it played fine for me in both MX Player and VLC. It caused Super Video to crash though and both the stock video player and QuickPic wouldn't play it.

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Well, default Samsung player on the SL can't play it, but Moboplayer can. Note that there are two players named Mobo on the market. Choose the one that has a grey circular icon.