• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need cleanest ROM & UV kernel

Hey guys,

My friend's interested in romming his Incredible but I have no idea what's out for it now (I use a Samsung Fascinate myself).

I'm pretty sure he's still on 2.2 stock but rooted. Any links on overclocking and getting a uv kernel for it?

Thanks

There is a lot of info right here as well as XDA Incredible forum.

What do you mean by clean?

Is he a Sense guy or vanilla or inbetween?

As for OC'ing the Inc it's highly overrated this phone flies when under-clocked.

There are kernels that use a governor called SMARTASS which have a built in screen off profile and conserve battery well while still providing good performance.

SetCPU and CPUBoost are 2 OC'ing apps I'm familiar with. SetCPU costs and CPUBoost has a Lite version that is free

Lou's kernels are swell for Sense based ROMS, and Invisiblek's and Chad's are great for AOSP/vanilla. These will all OC, but it's not needed imo

Everything you need to read about is right HERE

Have fun!

Upvote 0
I'm almost positive he's still using Sense, he doesn't even know what ASOP is :D As for SetCPU, it doesn't work well with the Fascinate so we build kernels built in OC'd/UV'd.

Honestly I don't plan on teaching him anything, just kinda going into the phone, flashing a few files and being done with it lol

Upvote 0
I'm almost positive he's still using Sense, he doesn't even know what ASOP is :D As for SetCPU, it doesn't work well with the Fascinate so we build kernels built in OC'd/UV'd.

Honestly I don't plan on teaching him anything, just kinda going into the phone, flashing a few files and being done with it lol

I see well since your doing it for him I suggest flashing Redemptive Revolution and don't bother OC'ing the phone it is so fast already. The kernel that comes with this ROM (Lou's #4 I believe) is outstanding at battery life and has a screen off profile built in. Most importantly this is probably one of if not the most stable ROMs for the Inc and thats what I would want if I was rooting/flashing a friends phone then said later! :D

Upvote 0
from what ive read,its only safe to OC to about 1100hz... after that its hit or miss and shaky at best :eek: some phones can take it some cant. i personally leave mine stock as i dont "feel" any performance difference at 1000.

as for roms,ive heard "virtuous" is basically the stock rom so im sure it would be a good one,tho i havent tried it. personally the only sense rom ive tried that i go back to now and then is incredibly re-engineered. its super fast and snappy and has a nice "darker" theme and doenst use the htc keyboard(sorry to the fans of it-i hate it)

i like plain old vanilla android so i run cm7. nightlys are still being release,so while its very advanced and works well its maybe not something youd install on someone elses phone.

if you want to try a stable non-sense rom,try cm6. i typically find AOSP roms to provide better battery life than sense ones. cm roms also have a lot of "tweakablity" wich is nice.

last and not least,setcpu has worked well for me. i use it on my eris,my d1,and my inc. even if you dont use it to set ptofiles,id get it so you can use the widget that displays the cpu temp. i use it to create profiles for screen off/charging/temp too high/battery low but in the future my experiment with kernels that have profiles built in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones