• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help Minneapolis/St. Paul

lronglien

May 27, 2010
I had my Captivate rooted about 4 weeks ago so I could get the Sirius XM iPhone app. Since then, my phone has become less and less functional. The apps are taking up to 30 seconds to load, the phone locks up and needs to be re-started two or three times a day. About the only good thing about this phone is that it does serve as a phone (unlike the iPhone 4, which I dumped for this). I'm waiting for the iPhone 5, but in the meantime, I could use some help with this phone. People tell me that the 30 second lag time is long, even for the Captivate. I have absolutely no idea about "flashing" some ROM, or entering something into a directory after plugging my phone into my Macintosh. I'm afraid I will totally brick it. (And since it was a $500 phone, I don't need that.) If anyone is in Minneapolis/St. Paul or close, and knows how to resolve this, please contact me. lronglien@goldengate.net

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones