• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help putting froyo on my Eris

Mite have spoke to soon cuz its just stuck on the android(in blue) n it blinks like every 30secs. . . . . .n its been pass 10 min. wats it mean?

I think the Froyo ROMs take a bit to start-up since they have to rebuild the files in the Dalvik-cache... Just give it a few more minutes...

By the way, did you do any wipes? If you didn't, then go back and do a 'Wipe data/factory reset' (or, in your case /sbin/recovery --wipe_data) and then re-do the flash (update_package with your Froyo ROM).

If it doesn't come back after a few minutes, its probably because of the wipes not being done.

By the way, most of what I've learned has come from erisuser1 ;) -- he is truly the rock of the Eris root forums.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
well it says formatting data. . .
formatting cache. . .
but is it suppose to say somthin eles or is it done doin the wipe

Remember, eu1's instructions indicate that these commands will hang (they don't return back and let you know that they are done). The wipes will only take a second or so, but eu1 suggested waiting a couple of minutes for each command so that you'd have enough time for each command, especially the update_package (flash) command to have enough time to finish.

You can probably just go on and do the update_package with your Froyo filename, but be sure to give that a few minutes to complete (I waited about 4 minutes before hitting control-C).

You're almost there! :p

Reactions: MMAndriod
Upvote 0
how long should i wait b4 i reboot the phone n let the froyo boot up n how long u think its gonna take for the android to load up? thanks again 4 everythin Scary

If you've done the wipes and then done the flash (update_package) and waited about 4 minutes since the flash, then you should be able to reboot and hopefully (crossing-fingers for you :)) you'll have Froyo!

Go for it!

Reactions: MMAndriod
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones