• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help re ransomware

paul221

Lurker
Sep 11, 2017
someone got remote control of my pc
and 6 digit ciode to change my google account
managed to get it back b4 they changed it but need this account as my prim,ary one on my cell to log in
and get past the lock screen
any idea if it would be safe now I have changed the password,

whats the best AV ransomware app?

thanks

If someone else had control over your Google account and your Gmail is the central point of contact for other social media accounts, now that you've been able to regain control of it you should use the browser-based web interfaces of all those social media services and change those passwords as well. Then when you log into your phone you'll be required to enter your new passwords for any apps that are set up to auto-login to their services.

Upvote 0
Your Google account is essentially just an online entity. Whether you access it via your PC or your Phone, they both are simply remote slaves to the online master. And the same applies to any social media services (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), they exist on servers in the 'cloud'. That's what you should be focusing on, securing your online accounts first, then take care of the apps on your phone. The applications on your PC (or web service) or the apps on your phone are just remotely accessing your online accounts, your phone is not acting as a webmail server or central storage for your Facebook account, or anything like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones