• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED HELP! Rooted My Phone OK! Removed Apps, Now Getting Errors

alx886

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I need some help, I was able to root the phone and I was able to remove some apps, specifically I wanted Motonav gone, and I was able to do it but then I got greedy and I think I removed too much and now I'm getting the following errors:

When I go into my contacts and click call log, i get the following error:

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again [FORCE CLOSE]

I have wiped all data off the phone completely, after I setup my google account, I get the following error

The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
[FORCE CLOSE]

Unfortunately, being new, I did not create a backup, I'm wondering if there's anyway that I can put the full stock software with everything back on the phone? Is there anywhere I can load that?

This is a Telus Milestone, unlocked, running on Rogers with 2.1.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a site with all the firmwares and was able to find the telus one (non service) and reflash the phone, good as new, my root is gone but I can get it back anytime, I just won't bother for now. I was just scared that I had bricked my phone.

Next time I want to mess around with it I'll back it up first or make sure that I have the firmware on hand to restore. Lesson learned children.... don't be greedy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones