1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root NEED HELP! Rooted My Phone OK! Removed Apps, Now Getting Errors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alx886, Jun 11, 2010.

1. alx886

alx886 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

I need some help, I was able to root the phone and I was able to remove some apps, specifically I wanted Motonav gone, and I was able to do it but then I got greedy and I think I removed too much and now I'm getting the following errors:

When I go into my contacts and click call log, i get the following error:

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again [FORCE CLOSE]

I have wiped all data off the phone completely, after I setup my google account, I get the following error

The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    [FORCE CLOSE]

Unfortunately, being new, I did not create a backup, I'm wondering if there's anyway that I can put the full stock software with everything back on the phone? Is there anywhere I can load that?

This is a Telus Milestone, unlocked, running on Rogers with 2.1.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

If anyone has a nandroid backup of the same setup (Telus - Rogers), then you can restore it. Otherwise you need to flash a SBF or a different nandroid backup.

Next time, do a proper backup before getting greedy. :)

3. alx886

alx886 New Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for getting back to me. I found a site with all the firmwares and was able to find the telus one (non service) and reflash the phone, good as new, my root is gone but I can get it back anytime, I just won't bother for now. I was just scared that I had bricked my phone.

Next time I want to mess around with it I'll back it up first or make sure that I have the firmware on hand to restore. Lesson learned children.... don't be greedy!