• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting EVO, trying to use unrevoked 3

luigic81

Android Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2010
Portland, OR
I have hboot .97 and build # 3.29 EVo running Froyo
tried to do the root tonight (My desktop is windows XP sp2), I downloaded the drivers and the reflash package, I sucessfully installed the drivers per the instructions and youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmPcT4pcks

then rebooted the phone through fastboot just like the video shows, and when I then proceeded to open the reflash package I downloaded, it gets stuck on with the message on the unrevoked screen that says "waiting for device, make sure usb debugging is enabled and HTC sync in NOT installed"
well my usb debugging is enabled and I do not have HTC sync installed..... any suggestions?

FWIW i did have HTC sync installed on my other desktop running windows vista, but I need a new motherboard on that one, so I am using my old desktop running XP.....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones