• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Unrooting. Says Aborted?

Quick Back story I went to Florida on vacation and while at movies It fell 2 feet from the cup holder and the touch screen wasnt fully functional only parts of the screen so I knew I have to take it to sprint to get it repaired. So I backed up my contacts and apps/data.

Then I tried taking out the battery a couple of times but nothing it would just stay loading on the HTC Evo Screen I left it, 1 hr later came back still the same. Loading.

I cleared the dalvik cache and cache. then clear storage on the device still nothing So came online read how to turn on the S-ON did so by flashing the "unrevoked-forever-son.zip" It rebooted but never came fully on so after 5 mins took out battery checked it and was now with S-ON.

Now I have to remove the clockwork mod Ive tried flashing the "PC36IMG.zip" through the choose zip option it says aborted and it is in the main directory of my sd card.

Any help would be appreciated.

R.Soul

Now I have to remove the clockwork mod Ive tried flashing the "PC36IMG.zip" through the choose zip option it says aborted and it is in the main directory of my sd card.

with PC36IMG.zip at the root of your sd card. this means very top level not in any folder goto boot screen. choose fastboot it should start to search for an update and find the image and ask if you would like to update click the volume up to say yes after it flashes it will ask you if you want to reboot click the volume up for yes and see if that works for you.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Quick Back story I went to Florida on vacation and while at movies It fell 2 feet from the cup holder and the touch screen wasnt fully functional only parts of the screen so I knew I have to take it to sprint to get it repaired. So I backed up my contacts and apps/data.

Then I tried taking out the battery a couple of times but nothing it would just stay loading on the HTC Evo Screen I left it, 1 hr later came back still the same. Loading.

I cleared the dalvik cache and cache. then clear storage on the device still nothing So came online read how to turn on the S-ON did so by flashing the "unrevoked-forever-son.zip" It rebooted but never came fully on so after 5 mins took out battery checked it and was now with S-ON.

Any help would be appreciated.

R.Soul

Make sure you remove the first PC36IMG file for the s-on, and place the RUU PC36IMG on your card. You should be using this file:
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

This will flash the stock rom and recovery. Even if you can't boot up, it will remove the Clockwork Mod recovery with the stock one, and Sprint will never know the difference. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones