• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with my ERIS PLEASEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may want to look at the water indicators on the phone as well. Getting the phone wet can cause problems like this.

+1 re. that, OfTheDamned. I saw references to water damage sometimes causing this in some of the threads I read regarding replacing the screen, but it was "water over the damn" (no double-pun intended) by then. But it might confirm for the OP what the root cause was to report back to the seller (to get his money back). Here's a link to tell where to find it:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/77667-water-damage-sticker.html

Upvote 0
The failures you're reporting sound like those of a device stored near a magnetic field too long, such too near the large magnet on the cone of a stereo speaker or perhaps in the pocket of a user who kept other things in the same pocket that could interact with the phone.

I see you purchased it from a seller at eBay. I'd get rid of it and get myself a device from an Verizon store, if I were you.

Upvote 0
The failures you're reporting sound like those of a device stored near a magnetic field too long, such too near the large magnet on the cone of a stereo speaker or perhaps in the pocket of a user who kept other things in the same pocket that could interact with the phone.

I see you purchased it from a seller at eBay. I'd get rid of it and get myself a device from an Verizon store, if I were you.

Frisco, the only thing, I believe, in the phone that would be affected by magnetic field is the SD card. If that would be damaged it would show up right away as "sd card is not readable" or something like that.
Peter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones