• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help With Ubn-doing Kernel Flash

How do everyone!

I'm trying to to root a Galaxy S2, this is the phone info:

MODEL NUMBER GT-I900P
android version 4.1.2
baseband version I9100PBVLS2
KERNEL VERSION 3.0.31-1246097
BUILD NUMBER JZ054K.I9100PXXLSS

And these are the instructions I'm using:

cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-root-your-samsung-galaxy-s2/

Step 1 says to use an insecure kernel that's as close to my own as possible, I couldn't find one exactly the same so used this one:

Kernel_I9100PBVLP6_INSECURE.tar.md5

I flashed this and now the phone wont boot, I get the Samsung splash screen with the yellow triangle but that's as far as it goes.

I can get into download mode so can flash the correct kernel and i have read this:

androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

I now have the Siyah kernel, is it ok to just go ahead and flash this kernel like I did the other one?

How do everyone!

I'm trying to to root a Galaxy S2, this is the phone info:

MODEL NUMBER GT-I900P
android version 4.1.2
baseband version I9100PBVLS2
KERNEL VERSION 3.0.31-1246097
BUILD NUMBER JZ054K.I9100PXXLSS

And these are the instructions I'm using:

cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-root-your-samsung-galaxy-s2/

Step 1 says to use an insecure kernel that's as close to my own as possible, I couldn't find one exactly the same so used this one:

Kernel_I9100PBVLP6_INSECURE.tar.md5

I flashed this and now the phone wont boot, I get the Samsung splash screen with the yellow triangle but that's as far as it goes.

I can get into download mode so can flash the correct kernel and i have read this:

androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

I now have the Siyah kernel, is it ok to just go ahead and flash this kernel like I did the other one?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums caned_monkey! :)

To successfully root your Samsung Galaxy S2, "P", variant, just carefully and thoroughly read through the step-by-step, Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones