• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help!!

Hey guys. Need a hand. I messed up twrp trying to install another version over it. I had twrp for c50 installed and tried installing the one in the CM thread over it. I ignorantly did not make a backup and did not wipe anything before flashing. Twrp Manager said the flash was unsuccesful. Now when i try to boot into recovery i get this on the lg logo screen:
Secure booting error!
Error code: 1003
My phone then just reboots back into system. How would i completely remove and reinstall twrp or fix it? Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys. Need a hand. I messed up twrp trying to install another version over it. I had twrp for c50 installed and tried installing the one in the CM thread over it. I ignorantly did not make a backup and did not wipe anything before flashing. Twrp manager daid the flash was unsuccesful. Now when i try to boot into recovery i get this on the lg logo screen:
Secure boot error
Error code: 1003
My phone then just reboots back into system. How would i completely remove and reinstall twrp or fix it? Thanks
Install twrp manager and install from there

Upvote 0
Install twrp manager and install from there
I did. Twrp Manager said the flash was unsuccesful. Thats how my issue started. I tried installing the twrp in the CM thread over my current one. Now i cant boot into recovery. I get to the Lg logo and

Secure booting error:
Error 1003
Shows on the screen. I also tried to get into recovery using the key combo. Same error. Is there a way to completely remove and reinstall recovery? Thanks man!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did. Twrp Manager said the flash was unsuccesful. Thats how my issue started. I tried installing the twrp in the CM thread over my current one. Now i cant boot into recovery. I get to the Lg logo and

Secure booting error:
Error 1003
Shows on the screen. I also tried to get into recovery using the key combo. Same error. Is there a way to completely remove and reinstall recovery? Thanks man!
Shoot...
Could someone upload a backup stock recovery.IMG? I never made one like a dummy. Use Rashr, makes a recovery backup nicely

Upvote 0
So after trying twrp manager about 10 times to try n install twrp, the issue resolved itself after trying an older version. It still wont successfully i stall the newest version though. Now how do i go about installing the twrp in the CM thread? I would really like to check out CM 12. Thanks for your help dragonhart. Youre awesome man!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones