• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help!!

Hi guys, just switched to the f60 to the leon. I have metro's lg leon on stock 5.1.1 with 10e firmware. Im trying to find the best way to root and install twrp. But am unsure which method to use. The kingroot app didnt work. I downloaded lg one click gui.exe, and twrp .img for this device, but am terrified of bricking. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank everyone!!

Upvote 0
Now before i take the plunge, can anyone possibly verify that the lg one click root script works with lgms345 10e fw on 5.1.1? Just making sure. Better safe than sorry. Lol. Thanks guys.
Nobody has verified root on 5.1.1. You must KDZ back to 5.0.1 for root and twrp. Supposedly your bootloader will be locked however and I'm unsure what problems could occur later on down the road. This should let you get cm12 working for you at least.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but this is what I've been reading here

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to go back to 10b which is what i was on before the system update, and if so would i be able to unlock my bootloader? My main reason for rooting is custom theming, and being able to use my external sd. I have apps that download files too large to store on my internal sd.
There is currently no bootloader unlock. I'm not sure if a 10b kdz has been uploaded, look through the threads here, a few posts have been made regarding them.
As for app data on SD, your wasting your time with stock. It just doesn't work no matter what app/method you use (I've tried them ALL). You'll need to use CM12.1 to get data on SD. I use foldermount with CM and it works flawlessly

Upvote 0
Ok so if i got this right, kdz back to 5.0.1, install root and recovery, (using lg one click root script or kingroot?) and flash cm12.1 and gapps install foldermount, and im good?
Should do ya good.
Kingroot works fine. You won't be using it long anyway. Use Rashr, Flashify or TWRP manager to install the recovery in the CM12 op (must be that exact one!)

Upvote 0
Everything worked! I downgraded, and now have root and twrp. Next step is to replace kingroot with supersu and get my Cyanogenmod on!!! Thank you soo much guys. ! Yall rock!
Dont bother with supersu, kingroot will do just fine if all your doing is putting on CM. If you do happen to restore your nandroid, you can use SuperSUME from the Play Store to get rid of Kingroot (but im sure youll be fine with CM and its issues)
Glad your good to go! Be aware CM is bugged out in terms of battery percentage and CPU speeds. Also make sure you click the devs name on the download page to see the latest uploads and grab his latest release. Best to bookmark it to keep tabs
Happy flashing!

Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones