• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need new sd card

N

No Hands 55

I am planning on getting a new sd card and going to use apps2sd for most of the stuff i download. was just wondering if i should get a class 10 or class 6 card? or class 4? ive heard about class 10 and 6 actually being slower in phones than 2 and 4. and some specific card recommendations? would like to stay as low cost as possible. also im going to be upgrading in the near future to maybe an s4 or htc one, so id like a card that will be good for those also.

Thanks

I am planning on getting a new sd card and going to use apps2sd for most of the stuff i download. was just wondering if i should get a class 10 or class 6 card? or class 4? ive heard about class 10 and 6 actually being slower in phones than 2 and 4. and some specific card recommendations? would like to stay as low cost as possible. also im going to be upgrading in the near future to maybe an s4 or htc one, so id like a card that will be good for those also.

Thanks

I would recommend a 16gb class 6.
I ran a 32GB class 10 in mine and had no issues but others have.
:)
What size/class do you have now?

Reactions: ocnbrze and tube517
Upvote 0
The class is the read speed in Mbps.

Some class 10 cards are bogus, that's why you've heard that they can be slower. Real ones aren't.

If you can save money on a class 6 card, that will do just fine in an Evo for what you want. If you hope for it to last to your next phone, a class 10 can be a good investment.

Always buy from a trusted vendor to avoid getting ripped off.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
hmm ok well then i think i may save up for a 32gb class 10 sanDisk just because id like to be able to have the best performance in the future on a brand new phone. if not ill go with a class 6. thanks for the help guys

EDIT: thinking about this one Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A): Computers & Accessories

i have this one:
Amazon.com: Patriot Signature 16 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card (PSF16GMCSDHC10): Electronics

for almost 2 yrs now with no issues. i also have the 32g version as well. i highly recommend it.....just a suggestion. though i bought the 16 for $20 some dollars originally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones