• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need some answers before I wreck my phone,lol

prevailed

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
Okay, so I have a galaxy prevail. After last weeks Android Market app sale, I'm out of RAM. I have a 16 GB microSD card but some apps cannot be moved. Also, I need to manually change my PRL to get on the sprint business PRL...many areas around here are just dead.

I'm assuming I need to root my phone. Do I use the "shabbyfied" instruction set? I'm fearful of bricking this, since I've never done it before. I also don't want to lose the existing apps ,etc that I've already installed.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

So, I rooted my phone (I think) , using the ACS one click root. I'm showing superuser in my apps. Hoping to make a few more changes( get rid of bloatware, move apps and change prl) ,thanks for the help!

reccomend using....titanium backup to get rid of bloat..check threads for safe apps to get rid of....link2sd to link/transfer some stuff to sd and partition your sd..and demo version of cdma workshop to change your boost prl to sprint...i would also make a backup with cwm if you have it..before messing with cdma...i was warned beforehand to becareful using cdma also..

Upvote 0
hi i was wondering if someone might be able to help i rooted me prevail a while ago and everything was working fine like it was supposed to but my daughter got my phone and was pressing stuff by time i got to her she managed to get imto titanium back up and she deleted my contact storage no i have backups like i was supposed to just for this reason but when i go to restore the contact storage it goes to restore it then my phone just reboots and it wont restore it so how do i go about putting my contact storage back on cause its my phone act crazy

Upvote 0
hi i was wondering if someone might be able to help i rooted me prevail a while ago and everything was working fine like it was supposed to but my daughter got my phone and was pressing stuff by time i got to her she managed to get imto titanium back up and she deleted my contact storage no i have backups like i was supposed to just for this reason but when i go to restore the contact storage it goes to restore it then my phone just reboots and it wont restore it so how do i go about putting my contact storage back on cause its my phone act crazy
If your talking about your contacts, google servers have a back up of those you can just sync up with your gmail account and the contacts will come back

Upvote 0
no its the actual storage for my contacts my contacts are there but the storage that holds all the information like where you edit your contacts is gone and it wont let me look at my contacts and when i try to look at my call log it wont it says android process.acore has stopped working im thinking of just wiping it and odin it back to stock then just root it again cause i got all my apps backed up

Upvote 0
no its the actual storage for my contacts my contacts are there but the storage that holds all the information like where you edit your contacts is gone and it wont let me look at my contacts and when i try to look at my call log it wont it says android process.acore has stopped working im thinking of just wiping it and odin it back to stock then just root it again cause i got all my apps backed up
ok sounds like a system apk was deleted, possibly phone or contacts.apk or contactsprovider.apk
You dont need to odin if that is the only problem just pull the apk's from the zip and put them in the system/app and reboot. wipe dalvik for best results.

correct me if im wrong...but if you delete the storage would there be a place to store them? once google synced contacts...or is storage just other data
im not sure what you mean by delete storage
the phone uses several partitions, they basically act like separate hard drives you have your /system then /data then /cache. As well as hidden ones you can not access normally, for your phone number and prl information. as well as the esn.
Your contacts are stored locally on the /data partition that is why a factory reset deletes them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones