• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need some reassurance...

BIG CAT 7

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2010
MICHIGAN
I have issues, lol..

Ok, I have been waffling back and forth for the past three weeks. What should I get. Well I have narrowed it sown to three devices really.

Nexus 7
Infinity 32gb
iPad 3 32 gb

Here is my problem. I ordered the Infinity, dock, and a couple cases after deciding I didn't want the Nexus 7 and another iPad. Well I am now starting to have second thoughts. All the issues I am hearing about the Infinity are really discouraging to me. I am now considering returning the dock, and cancelling the order on the Infinity. I have again decided to let the iPad 3 back in to the discussion as I owned an iPad 2 and loved it.

The Nexus 7 is really out of the running now due to size. I really need help deciding as I am very discouraged right now. Help me decide... Thanks.

I mainly use the pad for surfing, very little gaming and occasional email.

Since you already ordered the Infinity, you might as well try it for yourself and see if you experience any of the problems you may have seen here.

Remember, what you see here is not representative of what most people experience. People tend to post only when they encounter problems, and many of those are false positives.

Do you have no return policy for the Infinity?

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
The nexus is out due to screen size or storage size?

Personally I would still get the nexus. If storage size is an issue you could get 2 16 gb ones for the price of an ipad and the specs on it are better.

Although you don't need a lot of storage space for surfing the Web and email, so maybe screen size is your concern

Upvote 0
Since you already ordered the Infinity, you might as well try it for yourself and see if you experience any of the problems you may have seen here.

Remember, what you see here is not representative of what most people experience. People tend to post only when they encounter problems, and many of those are false positives.

Do you have no return policy for the Infinity?

Yes I have the chance toreturn it if need be. Just didn't know how much of a hassle it would be since I ordered it from Gamestop.

The nexus is out due to screen size or storage size?

Personally I would still get the nexus. If storage size is an issue you could get 2 16 gb ones for the price of an ipad and the specs on it are better.

Although you don't need a lot of storage space for surfing the Web and email, so maybe screen size is your concern

I think the Nexus is a sweet device but the screen size really is too small for me. I am definitely considering getting it for my wife though.

Upvote 0
I had an iPad3 for a couple of weeks, I just couldn't get used to the Apple way of doing things. The display is wonderful, but the OS doesn't allow enough freedom (for me).

I've had the TF700 for about 3 weeks now, maybe 4. I've not had any problems with it at all. I can't speak to the Nexus, but between the iPad and the TF700 I'd go for the TF.

Upvote 0
I had an iPad3 for a couple of weeks, I just couldn't get used to the Apple way of doing things. The display is wonderful, but the OS doesn't allow enough freedom (for me).

I've had the TF700 for about 3 weeks now, maybe 4. I've not had any problems with it at all. I can't speak to the Nexus, but between the iPad and the TF700 I'd go for the TF.

At best I would probably root the device. I have a Razr Maxx that I have and love the widgets. I got real bored with my iPad2 as there aren't widgets so I sold it. I was just worried that the Infinity will have too many issues and I didn't want to drop the coin if it wasn't worth it. I appreciate your response.

Upvote 0
The one thing you have to remember about surfing forums for reviews is that they are opinionated to them and it is possible that those people have defective units. People usually do not come to a forum to post about how great their new toy is, because they're often too busy playing with said toy.

The only reason why I'm posting about it is that I always let my new devices get a complete charge before I start playing with them. My tablet is still charging.

Try it for yourself for a few days. An hour or two isn't enough to fully experience a device.

Upvote 0
Well I am going to give it a shot. I already have the keyboard and some accessories for it. I am just waiting on the tablet to show up. I really want to like this device and think I will. It's just hard reading all the negative about it and especially trying to convince myself that spending the money on it was worth it. I am sure I will be happy as hell once it's here and I can see what it can do and I am sure that most of these small issues can be fixed with future software updates as well.

I will let you all know my thoughts once it arrives. If it is anything like the sweet ass keyboard I have waiting for it I am sure I will fall in love.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones