• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some suggestions

spanky0323

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2012
melbourne,fl
Wanting to retire my avid, I've had this phone before it even hit stores, and it's still running strong and I love it, but it's time to upgrade, so what would you guys suggest for an upgrade from this? I'm not looking to spend a crazy amount of money on phone but really wanting to upgrade from my avid.

Wanting to retire my avid, I've had this phone before it even hit stores, and it's still running strong and I love it, but it's time to upgrade, so what would you guys suggest for an upgrade from this? I'm not looking to spend a crazy amount of money on phone but really wanting to upgrade from my avid.

If you like having a custom recovery as soon as you get the phone (like you come home and root it and install recovery immediately) then the Alcatel ot fierce isn't for you, it has a locked bootloader and is damn near impossible to find what partition its in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones