1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need to restore after factory reset but no backup

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Android Question

Hi,

I am using a Galaxy S3 for the last 2 years. It was working fine and suddenly it stopped working and froze. I did not drop the phone. After restarting it would just hang on the samsung logo and only the blue light would keep on blinking. I took out the battery, sim, memory card, tried charging the battery overnight, cleared the cache (volume button+start button+menu) but NOTHING happened. it was the same. I went to a cell phone repair shop to see if the guy could fix it but instead he did a FACTORY RESET and lost all my data !!! :(

I did a quick google and found some softwares (********, Yodot) which could restore the phone after factory reset but they didnt work for me.

My phone spec is as follows:

Model number: GT-I9300
    Android version: 4.0.4
    Kernel version: 3.0.13-554452-user
    Build number: IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB

The problem i faced with the restore softwares are:

1. ********: I put my phone in the USB debug on mode (using Developer Options) as instructed but the software couldnot detect the phone at all !!

2. Yodot: It needs USB Mass Storage Mode but S3 only shows the Media Device (MTP) mode and it doesnt work for it. I found an app that would install the USB Mass storage but it would not install without rooting the phone !!!

So, here i am in the forum begging for a solution as I have been trying for the last many hours trying to restore my phone as I did not have any backup and I NEED those contact details and the files.

Can anyone here please help me and let me know how i can restore the files after factory reset ?

Thank you in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

If you saved your contacts to your Google account you can resync them and all will be good. If you did not save your contacts to your Google account or make a manual backup of contacts as a .vcf file then you are outta luck. Same with photos, documents, SMS, etc. No backups, no good.

Everyone repeat after me...Backup, backup, backup!!!