• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to restore after factory reset but no backup

A

Android Question

Hi,

I am using a Galaxy S3 for the last 2 years. It was working fine and suddenly it stopped working and froze. I did not drop the phone. After restarting it would just hang on the samsung logo and only the blue light would keep on blinking. I took out the battery, sim, memory card, tried charging the battery overnight, cleared the cache (volume button+start button+menu) but NOTHING happened. it was the same. I went to a cell phone repair shop to see if the guy could fix it but instead he did a FACTORY RESET and lost all my data !!! :(

I did a quick google and found some softwares (********, Yodot) which could restore the phone after factory reset but they didnt work for me.

My phone spec is as follows:

Model number: GT-I9300
Android version: 4.0.4
Kernel version: 3.0.13-554452-user
Build number: IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB

The problem i faced with the restore softwares are:

1. ********: I put my phone in the USB debug on mode (using Developer Options) as instructed but the software couldnot detect the phone at all !!

2. Yodot: It needs USB Mass Storage Mode but S3 only shows the Media Device (MTP) mode and it doesnt work for it. I found an app that would install the USB Mass storage but it would not install without rooting the phone !!!

So, here i am in the forum begging for a solution as I have been trying for the last many hours trying to restore my phone as I did not have any backup and I NEED those contact details and the files.

Can anyone here please help me and let me know how i can restore the files after factory reset ?

Thank you in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones