• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network extender issues

I have a verizon samsung network extender (model scs-2u01) due to my poor service in my house. It works great when my phone is connected to it i have 4-5 bars, however my phone keeps switching between the poor 4g signal and the good extender signal every few minutes. Is there anyway to lock my phone into the extenders signal or maybe turn off 4g temporarily somehow on my phone?

I also have that range extender. Just for jollies, perhaps your router momentarily drops its internet connection? If that happens, the extender's 3g signal goes away. You may not notice the momentary loss of your Internet if the PC/tablet/whatever has preloaded a webpage or buffered a media stream.

For example, I use the Tunein (radio) app on both a tablet and S6. Settings buffer a 15-minute stream before the station begins playing. I won't even know the internet connection is down for that length of time.

Just a guess. HTH.

Upvote 0
Take a look at this Youtube video on setting up a SC2U01 extender. The presenter goes through some of the things you need to do in your Verizon setup page regarding the 'open access' or 'managed access' settings, and disabling 'Advanced Calling' in your phone.
From what you've described it sounds like your more or less all set up and need to turn off Advanced Calling on your phone, but that video has a other relevant info too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones