• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network issues

Phalon4

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2016
A storm came through and MetroPCS Service has been down since 11:00pm May 27. Ok MetroPCS is supposed to be on T-Mobile network but my neighbors that have T-Mobile network phones and data is working just fine but not MetroPCS haven't worked since the date above all the way up to this point. When I asked MetroPCS customer service people how does that work why is Metro PCS service down and T-Mobile service not down considering that MetroPCS on T-Mobile network it got so quiet you can hear a mouse fart on Cotton. I like to know what's your take on this issue?

Are you in Knoxville TN by chance?

Looks like they had a bad storm and Metro went out at that same time. (see comments below)

http://downdetector.com/status/metro-pcs

Ok it's obvious there was a storm but the question is why was MetroPCS system down and T-Mobile network still working considering MetroPCS is on T-Mobile network that is the question at hand?

Upvote 0
Ok it's obvious there was a storm but the question is why was MetroPCS system down and T-Mobile network still working considering MetroPCS is on T-Mobile network that is the question at hand?

Sorry, misread your question. Was at work. 3 day holiday was crazy busy.

Have no clue WHY Metro was down while T-Mobile was up. Usually they are hand in hand.

Reactions: Farine Herron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones