1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Never used ADB, Looking for some help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j4claerr, Apr 14, 2010.

1. j4claerr

j4claerr Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I am still a little confused on how to use ADB and I am looking for some help here. For example where to save it and how to get into it and how to run ADB.

Once I get home from owrk today I would like to flash the new 2.1 sbf with RSD Lite (I have no issue with this as I have flashed the 2.0.1 sbf a couple times) and then root the 2.1 OTA update following these directions:

Originally Posted by samedroidsex [​IMG]
    step zero: download attached zip and extract
    step one: boot into sprecovery
    step two: mount /system from sprecovery
    step three:

Code:
    adb push su /system/bin/suadb shell "chmod 6755 /system/bin/su"adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apkadb shell "chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"
    step four: reboot
    step five: stay alive

enjoy rooted stock ESE81, with no need to [wipe your data] install a hacked together copy of ota...

The issue is that I have never used ADB and dont know how to use it. Is it a simple program? Is there a good tutorial on how to install it?

I am just looking for some help so when I go home and root the OTA I wont run into any problems.

If this is a difficult task I will more than likely just install a rooted rom as I am ok with useing SPRecovery as I was rooted with 2.0.1 and was running Smoked Glass.

Advertisement

2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    take a look at rootyourdroid.info there is some good stuff regarding adb there

3. j4claerr

j4claerr Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI

I will check that out when I get home tongiht. Thanks.