• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Captivate User

Hi everyone just found this forum and found it to be very helpful. I got my Captivate a month or so ago. I came from a Iphone and i have not looked back since i got this phone. LOL my iphone is still collecting dust.

Been reading on Rooting cause my only beef with the phone is the AT&T crap you cannot delete off the phone. Will this be possible after 2.2 update?

Welcome to the forums, we are glad to have you.

As for the question, once 2.2 is released the current root will not work. However, since there are plenty of devs working on this phone, the root should be available very quickly. However I personally recommend going back to stock, then performing the update. Don't know if being rooted will affect the update, however don't want to risk it.

Upvote 0
Immediatly...no.
But after samsung updates to gold 2.2, then just give it some time.

thank you

Welcome to the forums, we are glad to have you.

As for the question, once 2.2 is released the current root will not work. However, since there are plenty of devs working on this phone, the root should be available very quickly. However I personally recommend going back to stock, then performing the update. Don't know if being rooted will affect the update, however don't want to risk it.

Thank you i will just wait then cause i am waiting on flash.

Welcome dmp316. Great bunch of chaps here who are always willing to help.

ya mon i see that. Thanks for the welcome

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones