• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I was using a website I usually do with duckduckgo and found that the content wasn't loading. I tried the usual suspects: refresh, shut down entirely, etc. with no luck. This morning I at least received an error message about my being forbidden to use a dateloader or something that way. I have never before seen this. I suspect it may have something to do with No Root Firewall and/or InviZible. I did shut off the latter's firewall with no apparent effect. NRF got shut off somehow recently and I ended up with a boatload of unwanted apps. Of course I deleted them. Now I get a crappy reminder about updating the system, no thank you. It's easy enough to disable but still annoying. How do I get rid of the error and start using that website again?

Ok, I found it. They sure hid it well. I wish they would go back to the good old days...
well expect more changes. @Rob is not done with doing them. so the buttons and menus will change. the good ole days here were amazing. there was so much activity that the site had to have guides which acted like mods to help monitor the site. i was one of them back in those days. it was here that i leaned how to root. i even created my own root guides for the htc evo og. since everything got moved around i have yet to find it again without really looking for it.

Upvote 0
well expect more changes. @Rob is not done
I've stopped fixing broken things for now. Instead working on a new theme that will hopefully address ALL of our issues, including discoverability of our best content and new content and all that jazz.

The good old days were amazing and we'll be back. What's old always becomes new again. The circle of life.

Reactions: Rgarner and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones