• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New EVO 4G, what discounts are out there to be had for service?

Roadblock

Jun 1, 2010
Earth
First off, important to say I'm not new to Sprint, I'm a Sprint Preferred customer.

I have the $99.99 plan, with roadside and I'm going to add the insurance to my EVO tonight.

I've never tried to get any SERO or discounts etc but I'm semi annoyed I'm paying $10 dollars for 4G I don't have mostly because I learned so many of you got a 2 year $10 dollar a month revolving credit on that. This was not offered to me. In fact, Sprint told me to return the phone if I don't like it and they would put me back on my old phone/plan.

I was shocked when they said that, I've been a customer for 10 years and I've never asked for anything "extra" or free.

I'm half tempted to return it and get on my wifes Verizon family plan to be honest.

ANYWAY if I do keep the phone, what discounts are out there to off set my being pissed off?

I've heard you can get 10% off for having an AOL email. I've heard they offer a discount for credit union members etc. Whats out there that works and how do you get them?

Actually does anyone have a working Retention department phone number too? Thanks!

Unfortunately no discounts (corporate, credit union memberships, etc.) apply to the $99.99 plan as Sprint says this is already discounted. Your best bet would be to ask for a revolving credit which sounds like you already exhausted your efforts. Maybe try talking to another CS rep or retentions. Best of luck!

Upvote 0
I kinda got a chuckle out of the 27% employee discount comment. Funny, just not very helpful.

What is I drop my plan to the $69.99 plan? The only reason I've never done that is that I've never had any issues with Sprint so I never saw a reason to change it. I would never go over the 450 minutes in the $69.99 plan so I should I just haven't. I still want a credit or a discount though. The person I spoke to on the phone yesterday was a real jackass and very rude and condescending.

I guess if I had a history of calling up, complaining and getting credits, discounts etc, yeah I could see them not helping me but christ I'm a 10+ year Sprint Premier customer who has never asked for anything. I have legitimate complaint and I get treated like shit.

I guess the main thing that pisses me off if the guy at the Sprint store flat out lied to me and told me 4G was up and running in our area when it's clearly not. I called him this morning and asked him what I was doing wrong and he could only say, oh Sprint musta turned it off, they are just testing.

Also the moron never put the insurance on my phone I asked for.

Guess I'll just wait til Monday to call them back, I'm busy today. If my phone breaks before then I'll put it into a sock, go to the Sprint store and beat him with it! Too bad I can't do that to the guy at Sprint who was rude to me on the phone. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones