• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new firmware from samsung new pc studio

Hi bitxboy

I flashed without CSC and I lossed my APN too (I thing is not very important because you can re-write in a few minutes or if you don't know the set up you allways can phone your telephone company or asked to someone with conection).

My NPS never worked and I don't know why but i'm using odin and it's ok for me

Regards

Upvote 0
Now you have the VIA CSC which is O2 Germany!

Anyway it doesnt matter that much. Just use odin to update to the latest firmware available. I'm still using II8 extracted from 'Wild's device. I have a feeling we've almost maxed out the memory we can get from this thing, except building a ultra small kernel.

Upvote 0
Now you have the VIA CSC which is O2 Germany!

Anyway it doesnt matter that much. Just use odin to update to the latest firmware available. I'm still using II8 extracted from 'Wild's device. I have a feeling we've almost maxed out the memory we can get from this thing, except building a ultra small kernel.

so you have II8 firmware??

is there a odin I8 update yet? or is it doin the tricky ones to get it on your galaxy?

is it worth going to I8 over I5 ?? or wait for the J firmware that hopefully shouldnt be too far away, cause we nearly into the K month now

sorry for the question attack, i have been waiting for I8 to hit the streets

Thanks

RellikZephyr

Upvote 0
You have to extract it manually. Its not hard if you've already rooted. Just 3 or 4 lines.

Look for the thread about 'II8 do we need it' or something like that

no havent rooted yet, dont think im savy enough with android yet

think i will wait for odin, hopefully will be a J firmware

i know you have galaxo rom kam, is that another manual style job to get it on??

Thanks

RellikZephyr

Upvote 0
Hi, I just got my Samsung i7500 Galaxy and try to connect to the PC,

First my NPS rel 1.2.0 did not accept the phone, I could see it, I could se virtual disk, but not connet to the phone , NPS said Not supported phone,
I went to Update NPS, at it found rel 1.3.0. ij1 which I downloaded and installed.
Then phone still not fully connected, message- this firmware not supported, only supported function is upgrading firmware, well that was easy :)
go to update, found new firmware version, and NPS downloaded, copied the old version from the phone to PC, and then uploading new firmware,
it went all the way on the PC to 100%! and Success - completed.
However Display on Phone is still showing " UPDATING FIRMWARE" after 2 hours I took the battery out for 5 minutes and put it back in, and the phone goes back to "Upgrading screen " - How do I reset the phone and start on again ?

/Ole

Upvote 0
Try putting it into recovery and doing a restore. That might do it.

Power off
Hold volume down + call button + end call button

Press 'home' once in recovery to restore.

If that fails you can use the 'recovery' mode of update - if its still there. There was some checkbox in the update dialog in NPS to do it.

Worst case put the phone into download mode and try through NPS -

Volume down + OK (center of d pad)) + power

If that doesnt work you might have to use Odin.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the link to PCS 1.4.0.IK1,

It made a big difference for me, Now I can connect to the phone, and actually select my phone in calendar and contacts, however it is has an error while synchronizing, one is "out of memory on the phone? not likely as it is empy :), but not until 30-40 seconds, so it seems as something is synchronizing. much better than before where the PCS sais "not a supported phone".
/Ole

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones