• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New HTC HERO Update has deleted factory widgets?

A

Adam Kenny

Hi,

Yesterday I did an update check on my HTC Hero, even though I already had 2.1 eclair on it, it noted there was a new update available, but being impatient I didn't read what update it was, and just downloaded and updated.

In software info it says:

Firmware: 2.1-update1

---

Software number: 3.32.405.2

When the update was complete, it deleted ALL my factory widgets. Not just off the home-screen, but completely off the OS. I cannot add them. The ones missing of the top of my head are Clock/Weather widget. The stand-alone weather widget. The twitter widget. The email widget. The notes widget. The bookmark widget. Friends widget.... Probably more that I can't think of. These are completely gone from the phone, I cannot re-add them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems very unusual... The OS has suddenly become quite buggy too... Voice to text isn't working at all, alot of the applications are force-shutting down. Is this perhaps a buggy release?

Might be worth noting I've had absolutely no issues with any previous software updates.

Appreciate any help on the matter!
-A

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones