• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New maintenance update EVO 3d 08-26-11

I have been reading about everyone having trouble with the GPS Widget, and have to ask why so many people use the GPS widget at all?

Personally, I agree - I always keep the GPS on. But I know people that don't want to leave it on because they don't want apps/websites to be able to use the GPS to pinpoint their location. When they use their phone for navigation, they want to switch GPS on, but at all other times, they don't want it on because they don't want any app to be able to use GPS to pinpoint their location.

Upvote 0
Great point. I had not thought of that.

QUOTE=jj14x;3145162]Personally, I agree - I always keep the GPS on. But I know people that don't want to leave it on because they don't want apps/websites to be able to use the GPS to pinpoint their location. When they use their phone for navigation, they want to switch GPS on, but at all other times, they don't want it on because they don't want any app to be able to use GPS to pinpoint their location.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Nope no concrete evidence, but speculation is it has been pulled because of issues, but simply speculation on my part. You can always send HTC a quick email or better yet give them a quick call and ask and see what they say. ;)

I have been on vacation and saw there was an update so I just tried to manually update and I am getting nothing also. Anybody have any other feedback on where it went?

Upvote 0
This is the response I am getting on this issue:

This update was not pulled. Not every update has a Rom Update Utility ("RUU").

1. Reconnecting to the Google server.
-Open up your phone's dialer.
-Key in *#*#2432546#*#*
-If any software update message shows up, please follow the on-screen instruction

2. Force phone to check for update.
-Please manually change the date on your phone to one year from today.
-This will trigger an automatic check-in with the update servers.
-If any software update message shows up, please follow the instruction on screen.

If both of these steps don't work, our last resort is to do a factory reset on the phone. This process may take 20 minutes, please ensure that your phone has sufficient battery capacity. Do not interrupt the phone while it is in the middle of this, as doing so may render your phone inoperable. Please also be aware that all data (including third-party applications) will be deleted from your phone. Please download "HTC Sync for all HTC Android phones" from our support site: HTC Help Center -- please let me know if you need help with syncing your data.

To do this through the software:
From the phone's main menu, tap Settings > Privacy (or SD Card & Phone storage) > Factory data reset > Reset phone.

Upvote 0
That is hysterical, way to go HTC

Did you try the dialer code ?? What happened ??

This is the response I am getting on this issue:

This update was not pulled. Not every update has a Rom Update Utility ("RUU").

1. Reconnecting to the Google server.
-Open up your phone's dialer.
-Key in *#*#2432546#*#*
-If any software update message shows up, please follow the on-screen instruction

2. Force phone to check for update.
-Please manually change the date on your phone to one year from today.
-This will trigger an automatic check-in with the update servers.
-If any software update message shows up, please follow the instruction on screen.

If both of these steps don't work, our last resort is to do a factory reset on the phone. This process may take 20 minutes, please ensure that your phone has sufficient battery capacity. Do not interrupt the phone while it is in the middle of this, as doing so may render your phone inoperable. Please also be aware that all data (including third-party applications) will be deleted from your phone. Please download "HTC Sync for all HTC Android phones" from our support site: HTC Help Center -- please let me know if you need help with syncing your data.

To do this through the software:
From the phone's main menu, tap Settings > Privacy (or SD Card & Phone storage) > Factory data reset > Reset phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones