• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Mandatory Voicemail Update - Ugh Error

Dxtra30

Mar 7, 2010
Ok just got this "mandatory" voicemail notification from sprint.. My phone is NOT rooted, Nor does hit have the Android Update 2.1 that came out in May.. I hit download and it does it but when it goes to install it says 'error installing' and button for Retry... I've tried doing this several times.. Couple of questions .. Do I have to do this ? If I do do this will Sprint be charging me to use this ? Finally WHY am i getting this error? My phone has been fine since earlier in the year since I got it .. Any help please!!

Thanks,
Dx

Ok just got this "mandatory" voicemail notification from sprint.. My phone is NOT rooted, Nor does hit have the Android Update 2.1 that came out in May.. I hit download and it does it but when it goes to install it says 'error installing' and button for Retry... I've tried doing this several times.. Couple of questions .. Do I have to do this ? If I do do this will Sprint be charging me to use this ? Finally WHY am i getting this error? My phone has been fine since earlier in the year since I got it .. Any help please!!

Thanks,
Dx

I got it earlier this morning. It installed & is nothing more than a trial offer for their new voicemail-to-text option that I believe is $.99/ month if you decide to continue with it. I passed on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones