• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Newbie Alert (general questions)

oleskool63

Lurker
Jun 19, 2017
Hey. how are you guy doing. I am new to this and have a few questions. I feel the need to give some background. I am thinking of trying to cut the cable cord to save some cash.
1. Am I just going to be trading one bill for another equal bill?
2. I am thinking about going for the gusto and purchasing the Nvidia Shield Tv Because I have prime and it is supported. Is that a mistake?
3. I watch a few channels in my cable line up. HGTV, News stations, BET, Nat Geo, OWN network, and my local stations. I also like sports. Are these available and cost effective for this platform?
4. Can I DVR programs?
5. I have not played games in years, but I loved games like Metal Gear Solid, Hit Man, Tomb Raider. My hands are not good enough for the faster games anymore. Will I be able to play those and are emulators available?
Those are my concerns. Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones