• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone - google issue

MagkMary

Jul 7, 2015
I got a new phone a week ago. It's a Samsung s23+.
I can't make any purchases through Google. It just keeps telling me I need to secure my account. I have gone through their instructions probably 50 times, and when I go to check, it says there's nothing wrong.
I even called a phone number in California, spent over an hour on hold just to talk to some guy who didn't know anything.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_164457_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164457_Google Play Store.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 107
Have you tried reinstalling the oparsating system, that is, resetting the phone?
before resetting, i would try by going to managing accounts in the phone settings, then google, then security as suggested by the article i linked. if that does not work, then yes i would recommend resetting the phone, but only as a last ditch effort.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I got a new phone a week ago. It's a Samsung s23+.
I can't make any purchases through Google. It just keeps telling me I need to secure my account. I have gone through their instructions probably 50 times, and when I go to check, it says there's nothing wrong.
I even called a phone number in California, spent over an hour on hold just to talk to some guy who didn't know anything.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
I have also checked my location, currency, and done all recommended security stuff.
I uninstalled and reinstalled google. All my apps are up to date.
It doesn't matter if I choose google pay or paypal, I still get the same message.

Upvote 0
what do you mean? an error? nothing? can you explain more?
It says I can back up to a hard drive, or another Samsung phone. It wouldn't recognize my laptop as a drive.
I did backup my photos earlier, not using an app - just saved them to it.
I can try to get a pic tomorrow.
Is there any other app that would backup my phone stuff?
By the way, thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones