• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phones and billings

I totally agree that Verizon is expensive. But let's face it...they have the best quality and service out of all the other carriers (IMHO)...But I do wonder if they have an agreement with the other carriers. It seems each of the big providers have their own "gimmick" in regards to plans. AT&T has Rollover Minutes, Sprint has the $99 Unlimited to all networks, and Verizon has the largest network...

I do wish Verizon would come up with something a bit more competitive though....

Upvote 0
A Global Android phone IS coming, not sure when, but would guess in the next few months.

Verizon charges the same as ATT, but the coverage (as you've undoubtedly heard) is far greater in the US, not to mention far more reliable. At least with VZW you get what you pay for!

The "largest" (and most reliable ;) ) network is not a gimmick. Other companies have gimmicks to try to convince folks to take a risk on their networks. But to VZW's credit, they have added "friends and family" after getting Alltel, so that makes plans a better value.

Upvote 0
Cheap Verizon plans are to be had, you just have to limit your options. If calling is paramount, go with Verizon. If you don't need all of the features and there are plans that just offer calling. If you want a feature phone, you can go with Tmobile (even cheaper than Sprint.) If you want a little of both, you can go with Sprint. If you want it all, features and quality in the metro DC area, you have to go with Verizon. If you want an iPhone, you need AT&T for now. :)

If you want it all, you have to pay more. If you want an iPhone, you have to pay more. It's just that simple. Try asking Tmobile and Sprint to lower their rates and then Verizon will have to find a way to be more competitive. As it is now, people are willing to suck it up and pay it because the dollar per advantage threshold has not been passed for them. In this economy, Verizon will have to watch its competitors because Tmobile is starting to look very attractive to some people.

Verizon isn't going to lower plan prices just because you want them to, consumers will have to make that decision for them by going with competitors becomes unacceptable. As I said, they seem to have found a way to stay on the edge of acceptablity.

Upvote 0
^And, too, Verizon has better deals on fancier phones, IMO. Add to that a business discount, and it's not too bad for what you're getting. I do think their price plan for smart phones is a bit outrageous. T-Mobile was such a headache that I left before two weeks time. (And, their customer service was HORRIBLE!) Verizon is far better, but they can't claim perfection. ;)

On the other hand, if most of the people you know use t-mobile and the phone isn't for business... I could see switching from Verizon. Most people I know have T-mobile, and what difference does it make who drops the call, or to have better service when half of your friend's texts won't go through anyway. lol

Most Verizon users I know are like me in that they switched to Verizon years ago. We were tired of the headaches... and we're not going anywhere. The people sticking by T-Mobile seem to love the price more than the thought of reliability. In my area, AT&T and Sprint users have almost as many headaches. Not a single Verizon user I know has a complaint about the service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones