• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Shift user- a few questions!

prosan98

May 22, 2011
:wavey: Hi, I just got my Shift activated yesterday. I'm coming from a Motorola Cliq, which was hideously outdated and ran incredibly slow, so I'm enjoying the speed. That said, the phone itself was well constructed, and I really miss my hard buttons (plus the menu and home button positions are switched on the Shift, so it's driving me a little crazy!). I'm constantly hitting the ringer volume down on the Shift (though it's better since I got a case last night).

Anyway, 2 questions:
On my old phone, I had a Universal Inbox (for e-mail and texts) and the shortcut fit right on my home screen next to my calendar. I found the 3 push e-mail widgets, but they are all so big, they take up an entire screen. I REALLY like having my e-mail (Yahoo) and my calendar on my main home screen. Has anyone found an app that will push e-mail and fit on the screen with other apps?

Also, I've had a few occasions already (on the first day!) where my screen froze and I couldn't tap anything or swipe to a different screen. If I hit the menu button, then tried, it was fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you very much!

I'm also pretty disappointed with the 4G service. I'm in the near NW Suburbs of Chicago and according to the coverage map should have 4G everywhere. I can get 1-2 bars at home, but nothing at my office or in the car. I did a lot of research and decided to trust Sprint (and save money over Verizon) but now I'm not so sure it was the right decision. :sigh:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones