• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New T-Mobile Vibrant ROM

Yea xda is down. This update rocks. Its fast, smooth, less lag, I/o is faster in quadrant, GPS works awesome, compass is a lot better still needs work, signal is better, has force wcdma option, the accelerometeris perfect and don't need android sensor data.

Just need froyo, oh and Odin is simple to use. A monkey can do it.

Can you tell if Samsung improved the Calendar? I've had trouble with entries I do on the phone not getting to my Google calendar online.

Upvote 0
This a stock and unrooted ROM

I agree GPS is working and built-in process manager icon is very useful..Yes more samsung New widgets, but I use ADW launcher.
The battery life has improved greatly and by using the task manager to shut down apps running.

I also had trouble getting flashing at first though Odin3 I just could not get into download mode to flash. Each time I reboot the phone and type adb reboot download, it only goes back into recovery mode. I tried all the different combo's with the volume keys and it only will go into recovery mode......Then I remember thinking Hey! i can just type the command on my better terminal.
I always use nandroid backup first.
boot back up
open terminal
type su (enter)

# reboot download (enter)
now you can use Odin to flash this ROM. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I've been abusing this rom for a couple of days now and yes, the battery life has improved greatly. I really am impressed with this rom as some of the others were just, "eh". I recommend using this rom for anyone who has battery issues, lag issues, or gps issues as this rom will eliminate those problems (at least it did with mine although I didn't have any lag issues).

Upvote 0
I've been abusing this rom for a couple of days now and yes, the battery life has improved greatly. I really am impressed with this rom as some of the others were just, "eh". I recommend using this rom for anyone who has battery issues, lag issues, or gps issues as this rom will eliminate those problems (at least it did with mine although I didn't have any lag issues).

more details on the battery please! what underlying issue does it exactly resolve which aids in increased battery life. !!! This is great news btw.

Upvote 0
more details on the battery please! what underlying issue does it exactly resolve which aids in increased battery life. !!! This is great news btw.

I doubt anyone knows for sure what exactly it does to increase battery life but it does somehow.

I used to always leave wifi, bluetooth, and GPS turned off and would enable them as needed.

With this new rom I am now leaving all 3 on and still finishing the day with very near the same level of battery left as before.

I should also add that the new rom came out a few days after I purchased a new car and I have been using the bluetooth audio streaming extensively. Something I never did in my old car/with the old rom. So my usage has also actually increased as I am constantly streaming Slacker Radio now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones