• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new to android and need some help

chadf11

Lurker
May 4, 2010
ive been playing with the hero for a while and like it. (cant wait to get the evdo 4g though). i have had alot of phones and with all of them i have been able to edit a few things on the phone. im having trouble with the hero. i was wondering if the colors can be changed? i know you can change the scenes, but that only does the wallpaper and widgets. Im talking about changing the keyboard color or the sms background color and possibly the main screen buttons, that is stock gray would like for it:thinking: to be black? any help or advice would be appreciated. also is there an app that has full screen caller id?

Yes you can use handcent to customize the sms environment.

You customize the home screen and everything...
You will need to.. root your phone, so that you have access to permission to make changes.

Then you can download different homes from the market.
Or
Flash new ROMs to get new looks and functions
Or
Flash new themes to put on a different skin
Or
To just change the keyboard or the rosie (buttons at the bottom of screen), flash on some new ones.

This is a lot of info for a newbie.. just do a search and read...

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones