• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to android

Hello everyone.

I just got my g2x today and inserted a 16gb micro sd card but i can't seem to figure out how to save my files to the sd card instead of the phone memory. can anyone help me?

If you mean saving apps to the SD card, you can't do it unless the device is rooted. But if its something like photos or videos, there should be an option in the camera settings. Hope it helps :D

Upvote 0
Hello everyone.

I just got my g2x today and inserted a 16gb micro sd card but i can't seem to figure out how to save my files to the sd card instead of the phone memory. can anyone help me?

What type of files are you talking about? Installed apps are easy to move to SD. Go to Settings > Applications > manage apps > Click on the downloaded app and in the middle of the screen there is a "Move to SD card" button. However, you cannot move pre-installed stuff over to the SD card without rooting it (which is easy for the G2X)

Upvote 0
In that case, you're at the mercy of that application as to where it allows you to store the files. Usually applications will have a "Settings" or "Preferences" choice in the menu; look in there to see if it has an option for where to save the music. If so, as I said above, you want something that begins with "/sdcard/_ExternalSD/". If not, then you might be able to move the files yourself (pick up something like Astro or Estrong's file manager) and the application might be able to find them via an automatic scan; the regular music player, for example, scans everything under /sdcard and doesn't care where the music is located.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones