• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New user to android

chris32387

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
Hello i am a IT tech, i am new to the android system, and love it. I never had a need to use a smartphone and now that i have one its great, i can do alot of things business related straight from my phone rather than having to take my laptop with me everywhere i go. Anyway i have rooted my android lg lucid and have removed alot of bloatware or stock apps using root explorer. I still have not figured out how to remove 3 apps that i believe to be a part of google play. They are, Play Music, Play Movies and TV, and Play Books. If anyone has any idea of how to remove these please help. I just never use these apps

Hi chris32387 and welcome to AF:)
I deleted the same apps you had mentioned using root explorer as I do not use them either. Not sure why you are not able to:thinking:
Moving your thread over to the Lucid Root Forum to see if we can get additional input for you:D
Thanks for the reply, sorry it took me so long to respond back. So how did you remove them, where did you go in root explorer

Upvote 0
There is one thing you may want to know, others have reported that they had rooted and removed some of the "bloatware" that verizon adds to the phone and when the maintenance upgrade hit - their phones would not accept the upgrade, evidently the upgrade was checking the system for discrepancies and if found would abort the upgrade. There is a thread on how to use LGNPT (I think that's the one) to "restore" your phone back so it will take the upgrade. I'm only saying this in the fact that LG and Verizon both promised that the Lucid would be upgraded to ICS (now the rumor is it will be Jelly Bean instead). Rumors are saying that this update should hit in October (I've talked to folks at verizon at different times and all say an update is "supposed" to come in Oct let's hope so), So you may want to hold off on deleting too many files just yet or at least make sure you can get your phone back to original state so you can get the upgrade when or if it hits.... LOL

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
There is one thing you may want to know, others have reported that they had rooted and removed some of the "bloatware" that verizon adds to the phone and when the maintenance upgrade hit - their phones would not accept the upgrade, evidently the upgrade was checking the system for discrepancies and if found would abort the upgrade. There is a thread on how to use LGNPT (I think that's the one) to "restore" your phone back so it will take the upgrade. I'm only saying this in the fact that LG and Verizon both promised that the Lucid would be upgraded to ICS (now the rumor is it will be Jelly Bean instead). Rumors are saying that this update should hit in October (I've talked to folks at verizon at different times and all say an update is "supposed" to come in Oct let's hope so), So you may want to hold off on deleting too many files just yet or at least make sure you can get your phone back to original state so you can get the upgrade when or if it hits.... LOL
Ok, that reply was not necessary. I asked how to remove something from my phone. I do not an a reply on why not to remove it. It is very annoying for responses to questions that do not contain relevant information to the question. If you do not have an answer or tips on how to solve the problem then please do not reply.

Upvote 0
Ok, that reply was not necessary. I asked how to remove something from my phone. I do not an a reply on why not to remove it. It is very annoying for responses to questions that do not contain relevant information to the question. If you do not have an answer or tips on how to solve the problem then please do not reply.

While neither here nor there, the user was simply trying to inform you of potential side effects to doing what you requested. I'm sure he'll also provide an answer (I don't own this phone so i don't want to lead you astray).

Oftentimes people (in general) come and ask questions without realizing the full potential for headache or damage further down the road. As fellow Android users, we all try to help one another and prevent any extra headache that we weren't planning on as a result of doing _______ to our phones.

That being said, now the "hey, just so you are aware" is out of the way, I'm sure someone with this phone will be able to come in with the help you are looking for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones