• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newbie needing answers

manse7t

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
have just got a samsung galaxy S and have been told to get it rooted , have never had a droid phone before as i have had a Blackberry for the past 5 yrs so am looking for some advice on how to root it and how do i find out what firmware i am running , thanks :p

went over to galaxy s forums and downloaded one click lag fix , when i run it it says root device recovery 2e finished succesfully and then i reboot using vol up power on and menu together but it just keeps looping the samsung s screen til i release them and then it just oads the phone in normally , any advice is appreciated lol

Upvote 0
went over to galaxy s forums and downloaded one click lag fix , when i run it it says root device recovery 2e finished succesfully and then i reboot using vol up power on and menu together but it just keeps looping the samsung s screen til i release them and then it just oads the phone in normally , any advice is appreciated lol

Probably the quickest way to get help with this will be to post in the "All Things Root" forum that BlueNova provided a link to. There you'll find all of the guru's who can probably assist you in resolving your problem...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones