• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Question about skins...

Amy5000

Lurker
Feb 25, 2010
Hi all.

I just got an HTC Eris and I've been trying to figure it out. So I know this is a totally newbie question...

but I've been wanting to change the look of the Eris and went into the "Market" and downloaded a bunch of free "skins" from Open Home. I can't figure out how to launch them. It seems like I missed that you have to buy some Open Home application? Is there a free version?

Are there options for free skins or scenes or whatever they're called on this phone?

thanks, Amy

Skins or themes are for specific home replacement apps like open home. The themes are typically free, but the apps cost money. You can try them out though. Some apps have a trial or a lite version that will be free. There is also a 48 hour return window for apps in the market. The only home replacement app that is free and will work with almost any theme is panda home. Some have reported problems with it though.

Welcome to the forum.

EDIT: The return period is 24 hrs, not 48.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones